Redrow London is delighted to announce that the City of London has granted planning consent for our proposals to convert the Grade II listed former YMCA building at 2 Fann Street into residential accommodation bringing it back into active use as part of the iconic Barbican Estate.
Our proposals include:
- 74 High quality new homes in a mix of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom homes meeting demand for residential accommodation in the heart of the City.
- Creating a new public space at the north west entrance to the Barbican Estate.
- Retention of the significant elements of the building, the exterior of the building will be largely unchanged.
- Upgrade of the north staircase in its current form with restricted access.
- Retention of the southern staircase in its current form with restricted access.
- Sympathetic replacement of windows, informed by a robust conservation process, for improved thermal and acoustic performance.
You can find a summary of our proposals here
You can find a copy of our latest Newsletter here